Wednesday 28 October 2015

Day 48 Time for a mini break - The Blue Mountains

So last night I caught a train up to Leura. A two hour journey which I had to position my bike at the exit doors and hold it the whole way. As there wasn't space to leave it. The space for bikes was a hook which you hang your wheel on. With all my luggage that wasn't really possible. The ticket cost $8.80 approx £4.40 which is so cheap compared to England. So arrived at my destination to be greeted by a smiling face which was lovely. And freezing weather, 8c which was a shock to my sun soaked body. Freezing. Stayed up late and was introduced to the resident possum. Who looked very comfortable on my bike. Today Sally played tour guide, went to the 3 sisters lookout and also other places that only locals know to go. There were a lot of other tourist, it's a very popular location and beautiful. Had a tasty lunch at a nice vegan restaurant in Katoomba and popped into a bike shop to check out tyres. Will be here till the weekend so will be a tourist and not really doing any cycling. Need to do some bike maintenance and get organised for the next leg of the journey to Melbourne. 




No comments:

Post a Comment