Thursday 22 October 2015

Day 42 Rain stops play! Forster

Was awake at 4.15 managed to stay in bed till just gone 5. It wasn't raining! Got all packed up and sorted had breakfast. Was about to set of and it started to rain. Was undercover in the camp kitchen so figured I would wait a little while and see if it stopped. Checked the weather apps and the bureau of weather site. Rain forecast for most of the day with possible thunder storms! So I reluctantly made the decision to stay put. But on the plus side I got to spend some more time with the people I met the night before who had kindly let me join them. Spent all morning in the camp kitchen drinking coffee and tea having a chat and listening to the conversations. Then put my tent up on Rob and Cathy's site which meant I paid as an extra adult half the price of paying for my own site. Which was very kind of them, the lady at reception also let me have more free wifi which was cool . Then I went with them all to the shopping center, got a few bits and the sun started shining. Got back early afternoon and this black/grey clouds rolled in and a big thunder storm with torrential rain. Luckily I hung out in Mazz and John's caravan. Eventually stopped but started again about an hour later. Lots of rain so turned out to be the right decision to stay put. Joined them for dinner as can be seen in photo. Mazz, Rob, Cathy, John, Maria, Noel and me. A lovely evening. All wrapped up in my tent now and it's raining again, forecast is for rain possibly till around 9am then it's going to clear up for the rest of the day. So fingers crossed I get back on the road tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment