Sunday 25 October 2015

Day 45 Hawks Head to Blacksmiths

Up super early as usual! Packed everything away, a spider did try and get in my bag. But Iam not taking any passengers! Had a cup of tea with Mel, a chat and breakfast. Then off I popped, no hurry this morning as booked on the little Ferry to Nelsons Bay at 8.10. Ray the captain turned up on time and I had to take all the bags off to load it on the ferry. I was the only passenger and it cost me $10 didn't get charged the $5 for the bike which was good. Chatted all the way with Ray, the journey took an hour. There was a chance of seeing Dolphins but it wasn't my lucky day, which was disappointing. Pretty hot today so when I reached the other side piled on the sunscreen. Today was only suppose to be a short 50km ride if I followed the lonely planet route. But I decided to go a bit further as there's a weather front coming over and I want to try and avoid it. So cycling out of Nelsons Bay was a bit hilly but Iam almost use to that. Roads were busy but there was a good shoulder which always helps. Got the ferry from Stockton into Newcastle. Newcastle seems to have a groovy vibe about it. Lots of street cafes and restaurants. Was easy to get out of which was surprising. I guess being Sunday there isn't as much traffic. The suburbs and out lying towns were more of a problem the shoulder would just disappear and I would be driving in 3 lanes of traffic. Not ideal but made it thru safe. Arrived in Blacksmiths just before 4 after covering around 74km. Looked like it might pour with rain but just spotted a bit and the clouds just rolled on.popped to check out the beach then had cous cous and vegetables for tea. Had to hop in the tent cause a lot of mozzies and flies around. Definately been an increase in flies in the past week, they are very annoying. My Aussie wave is coming along nicely!!





No comments:

Post a Comment