Tuesday 6 October 2015

Day 26 Capalaba to Burleigh Heads

Up at 6. Have to catch the train today out to Nerang. Not allowed to take my bike on the train in peak hour/rush hour so left Kirsty's just after 9. Her daughter helped me decorate my new magpie helmet. Going to try a mask with mono brow and one zip tie as that's all I had. Today no attacks, fingers crossed it continues. Arrived in Nerang just after 12 and now starts the fun. I think I will need to get a more detailed map as using the sat nav on my phone drains the battery really quickly. I have a pretty good idea from the route directions on my cycling Australia Lonely Planet book which has the route from Melbourne to Surfers. Only issue is I am doing it the other way. So have to reverse everything. Just wait and see how it goes. So a quick ride to Surfers and the next stage of the journey began.  Was hot again today 32 so made sure I kept applying sunscreen. Cycled on the Promanade or close to the beach for 10km. There was even this great section of road that had one way traffic for cars on the right side of the road and 2 way traffic for bikes on the other. Genius and a delight to cycle on. After 26km of cycling and a bit more than 2 hours on the train, oh and a little rest to take in the sights I arrived at the caravan park at Burleigh Heads. I think it's going to be a while before the cost for me to camp goes below $35. It really is crazy Iam being charged for 2 people really. Anyway I guess I just have to suck it up, see if I can find some free camps. Tomorrow I head to Murwillumbah and will leave Queensland and arrive in New South Wales. Exciting. 






No comments:

Post a Comment