Thursday 15 October 2015

Day 35 Nana Glen to Nambucca Heads

On the road at 7! Unfortunately only went a short distance and sensed it was a bit dangerous as it was very foggy. So found the only cafe in Nana Glen and they begrudgingly sold me a coffee. They didn't open until 8. But I remained curtious and thanked them muchly. So after half an hour it lifted was chilly so had a long sleeved base layer on. And thus began the up and down again! I knew at some point there would be a big downhill just wondered when it would come. It came eventually and it was wonderful, all the way into Coffs Harbour. Decided not to stay there but to do a few more km, I'd only done 25 by that point. But I needed to stock up on food so woolworths is where I headed. Didn't really want to leave my bike outside so I wheeled it inside and put it by the check outs. Didn't lock it but took the handle bar bag with me. Whizzed around and got what I needed. Decided not to get a few things as too expensive. Then back on the road. Umming and ahhing weather to just go on the highway but when I saw all the traffic plumped for the back road passed the airport. Which was brill as there was a 20km cycle path all the way to Toomina. With an Aldi at the end of it! Awesome. Popped in there for trail mix and mocha coffee sachets. So much cheaper than woollies. The weather forecast had said there was a chance of possible thunder storms but they never came. Instead it was a hot and humid day. After Toomina the rest of the route was on the highway. Some parts were great with a big wide shoulder and I made good time getting up to 32km/h in some parts. Got to Urunga and stopped to get out of the sun for a while. Ate some banana chips my snack of choice and did some wikicamps research. Decided to head for Nambucca Heads with the chance of seeing some Whales from the shore. That would be another 25km, so slapped on some sunscreen and of I went. Arrived just after 3, this town is a bit hilly, not really into hilly. Anyway as I was checking in the lady took me to look at the whales. There were quite a few of them beating there fins and blowing air, no photos as quite a distance away. But very cool. After I'd set up I popped down to the beach and then watched the whales again. I cycled 80km today with lots of hills so had a good work out. The wind tomorrow is going to be a tail wind, so stoked about that.








No comments:

Post a Comment