Tuesday 20 October 2015

Day 41 North Haven to Forster

Popped up to check out the beach before I left, beautiful. Would be cycling 20km on a gravel road first thing so important that I get to a petrol station and put some more air in my tyres. Which I did on the second attempt. Think Iam going to buy a pressure gauge as it's difficult to tell how much is in there. The gravel road wasn't as bad as the first one I went on, very scenic and not too many ruts! Saw 2 wild kangaroos. Then it was onto the highway for approx 35km which was fast going and quite pleasurable especially with the wide shoulder. Around midday started getting really hot so found an English style service station got a subway sandwich and just hung out there for two hours. Temp was up to 30c. Still had a way to go but only mad dogs and English men go out in the midday sun! Back on the road at 2 after half an hour turned of and headed towards Tuncurry and Forster. This road was up and down hilly and was tough going as the heat was really sapping my energy. The road occasionally had no shoulder which wasn't fun. It was a relief to get into Tuncurry and onto a pavement/cycle  path. Decided to head to a caravan park a little way outside of Forster so as to take some km off tomorrow's ride which is set to be over 100km. Arrived at 5 got set up and people kept saying you're going to get wet in that tonight there's a storm coming! Anyway got showered and had noodles and milo for tea. . As I was eating a lady came over and offered me some cheese and biscuits and then invited me to join them. Which I did, three couples on a week break. Great company and kept offering me food. Had some pie and custard and carrot cake. Oh and while I was in the camp kitchen the storm arrived. Thunder, lightening and torrential rain. Continued till 9.45 then stopped. My tent did a great job keeping my stuff dry so was thankful for that. There is rain forecast for tomorrow but Iam hoping it doesn't arrive. Cycled 95km today.





No comments:

Post a Comment