Tuesday 6 October 2015

Day 27 Burleigh Heads to Pottsville

Woke up super early 4am so just lay in tent and got up just after five. Noticed my back tyre was a bit deflated so pumped it up. Figured maybe someone let it down a bit for a laugh. Had a bit of brekkie and a coffee. No I had a slow puncture. Great. So changed that and as I was tightening the skewer that holds the wheel in place I tightened it too much and it snapped. Who knew I was so strong. Luckily I had a spare one, so no drama. So instead of being on the road super early I ended up leaving at 8.30. Decided not to follow the lonely planet route inland but follow the cycle paths down the coast. Popped into a cycle shop to get another inner tube and used their foot pump to get my tyres up to 60. Seriously thinking about getting a foot pump as my hand pump is a lot of effort. At Coolangatta crossed into New South Wales and lost an hour to day light saving.  Time is just flying away from me today! So to get to the scenic cycle path I would have to go on the motorway to get over the bridge for a distance of approx 2 km. Was a little confused as to whether I could cycle on it but there weren't any No signs and there where cycles painted on the road! Mmmmm this was basically like cycling on the motorway in England! Having 3 lanes of traffic passing you is a bit different than having just one. Also it was bloody hot I'd say maybe 10 degrees warmer than on the normal road. I was happy to get of it. Then I joined the cycle path, bliss just taking it easy. Met a couple from the Mornington peninsula and rode and chatted with them for about 2 km. The chap suggested I get an adapter so I can use the air thingies at service stations. Popped into a cycle shop and got one for $2 bargain. Reached the campsite at 3.30 set up showered and cooked tea early. Suppose to rain tonight Iam hoping the forecast is wrong! Off the Byron Bay tomorrow. 






No comments:

Post a Comment