Tuesday 20 October 2015

Day 40 Port Macquarie to North Haven

Had to pack my tent away wet again. Lots of dew in the morning. On the road by 7.45 after bidding farewell to Deb and Nige.  Had a bit of a leg work out on the way out of Port Macquarie was up and down for 10km lots of people on road bikes out training. At one point a woman went past  in Australia team triathlon Lycra. Not sure who it was said hi though. At 25km I stopped at a bus stop for a bit of a sit down and to eat some nuts. Just relaxing watching the world go by. All set to go and had another puncture in my back tyre!! Annoying. So changed the tube, bit of a hole in the tyre like it had been cut by glass. There is a lot of rubbish on the shoulder so not surprising. I also put a patch on the inside of the tyre, think it's probably time to buy a new one. Decided to stop at the next town and switch the tyres over as the back one is worn more than the front. So found a nice campsite in North Haven and sorted it out. I only rode  32km but at least I sorted it out also changed the brake pads on the front brakes. Had some nice chats with the people in the park. And cooked a nice lunch in one of the best camp kitchens I have been in here in Australia! 



No comments:

Post a Comment