Friday 16 October 2015

Day 37 South West Rocks - Rest Day

A rest day today so had a lovely lie in. Went up and paid for another night at 9am. Then cycled into town to buy a few things, vegetables and a gas bottle for the stove as they only have bbq's here no camp kitchen. Apparently camp kitchens are more of a thing at campsites mid NSW and North not so much down south which means I will be using my stove more. Another hot and sunny day so was nice to cycle without luggage. Went for a swim which was lush. Before I got in I saw 3 stingrays but they swam away. Then onto the mundane task of doing my washing, it will be good to have clean clothes for tomorrow's ride. Oh yesterday I did have one magpie swoosh, although they seem to fly away more now. Give it another week and it should be over. Spent the rest of the afternoon sitting at the rocks watching for whales, not much action, although I did see one jump half way out. I tried taking a photo but turned out to be pointless without the right lens and a tripod. Anyway I enjoyed sitting in the sun watching and listening to the sea it was very relaxing.



No comments:

Post a Comment