Sunday 25 October 2015

Day 46 Blacksmiths to Avoca Beach

Warm sunny day when I set off from Blacksmiths. With a stint of approximately 20km on the highway. Luckily started on a cycle path next to the highway. One of the problems with cycle paths is you can miss the road signs! So after a roundabout I headed into a suburb area and was thinking for the highway it's not that busy. Checked my map and sure enough I was no longer on the highway! So returned to the roundabout about a 2km ride and my morning hill workout began. Up and down up and down, oh what joy! What's that saying, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Well my legs are getting stronger I guess my will power is too. Finally turned off the highway into the Munmorah State Conservation Area. Just after that I bumped into Wim a Dutch cyclists. We had a chat, he had just started from Sydney. Will be travelling for 10 weeks up to Brisbane then across to the center and down to Adelaide and a loop back round to Sydney. I told him about Wikicamps and warm showers. We took pictures and off we both set again. Then a bit later a road cyclists popped over to my side of the road for a chat. Fred originally from London but move out here in 84. Asked where I started, where I was going if I was enjoying it. Talked for about 10 minutes and then off I set again. Forgot to say yesterday had one magpie swoop several times. Today none. I must say Iam finding the going pretty tough at the moment, by the time I get to 50 km I am really tired. Iam not sure if it's the humidity or the amount of hills that is wiping me out. Today I would be staying with a friend of a friend in Avoca beach. I arrived around 2.30 and almost immediately it started to rain. It felt like a big storm was going to kick off but it didn't. Spent the rest of the afternoon just relaxing. Then went down to the beach after tea to walk little Hamish the westie dog. Then watched the first episode of Sense8 again. A Netflix series I would highly recommend. Tomorrow is Palm Beach (home and away) day and hopefully into Sydney weather permitting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment