Friday 16 October 2015

Day 36 Nambucca Heads to South West Rocks

Another hot and humid day. Had a chat with Lyn the site manager before I left, which was nice. My work out began immediately up and down those hills. Went the back road to Macksville which was relatively quite but a little hilly. Then joined the highway over the bridge into town. I could of taken another back road off the highway but decided to stay on it and then do a side trip and stay in South West Rocks. I had a tail wind so the going was good although there was a fair bit of road works and sometimes the shoulder was very narrow. Stopped at Paddys Rest Area for a cup of tea. Chatted with lots of people, firstly a lady who was on her way to Coffs Harbour. Then Maggie and Ken arrived they were returning home after spending a week in Sydney to go to their sons 40th birthday party. We chatted a lot and Maggie was very interested in my journey. She gave me her contact details and made me promise to contact her when I arrived in Melbourne safely. I told her about the blog and she took a picture hope she remembers to email to me then I can post on here. Then a couple who were making their way back to Adelade arrived. Then it was time for me to go. Made it to the turn off and was now heading North so no more tail wind cycling into the strong wind now. So the last 15 km were really hard going. Arrived at the Trail Bay Gaol Campground and set up about 20 m from the sea. A beautiful spot. Then walked round to see if I could spot any whales. Much closer here than at Nambucca Heads, saw a large one slap it's tail, it was awesome. Rode for 71km today. Tomorrow I will stay here and do some more whale watching. 




No comments:

Post a Comment