Monday 22 February 2016

Day 34 Gowrie Park

Awoke to rain which was pleasant and they certainly need it here as it's pretty dry. Thankfully I could walk relatively painlessly on my feet. Which was a relief as my feet wwere so painful and swollen last night walking was something I tried to limit. So today was about relaxing, kind of! I did my washing, tried to finish my book so I don't have to carry it and later in the evening sorted out my bags. In the afternoon Michelle and James popped round to say goodbye to Julie as she was heading off on her motorbike to catch the ferry back to the mainland. Then was chatting with Michelle about having to go up that final hill into Sheffield fully loaded. As she pops into town in the mornings to get James a coffee she has offered to carry my bags in for me and meet me at the coffee shop. A genius idea which I obviously agreed to and really appreciate. So what I think is going to be the last big hill on the way to Devonport will be a lot easier as I won't be weighed down with bags. Awesome! Later in the afternoon the smoke from the bushfires arrived again, not thick smoke but noticeable. Every now and again a helicopter with a water container hanging down would fly by in the distance. Seems that some of the fires are still burning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment