Saturday 20 February 2016

Day 32 Gowrie Park to Sheffield return 31km

Another chilly night, down to 8c, so waited for the sun to show up before getting out of my cosy cell. Today I would pop to Sheffield, the town of Murals. Left around 11 and was there within 50 minutes. The joy of a tail wind and only 1 empty pannier to slow me down. There was one killer hill into town but that seemed to be a breeze. Treated myself to a vegetable curry pie and coffee on arrival. Then walked around town checking out all the murals, there are loads of them. On the sides of buildings and in a special mural park. I have included some in the pictures below. Then to the supermarket to get some groceries as there is no shop where I am staying. With a full heavy pannier and a full on head wind headed back to the camp site. Took a full 13 minutes longer. But felt good to be back on the bike. Had tea and chatted to Julie from Sydney who's travelling on her motorbike. Have arranged to climb Mount Roland together tomorrow. A 4-6 hour round trip. Had a lovely day today, think I will sleep well tonight.


















No comments:

Post a Comment