Friday 19 February 2016

Day 31 Gowrie Park

The nights are getting colder, thank goodness for my snugpak sleeping bag. Today I spent sorting out my ferry ticket back to Melbourne. Booked it for this coming Thursday. With Devonport only a 2.5 hour cycle ride away have decided to stay here until early next week. The camping fees after the first night go down from 10 to $9 so a big time bargain with free wifi an added bonus. Today I started reading the book I picked up at the Queenstown campsite. I ummed and ahhed about whether to carry it or not. Added weight! Turns out to be one of those books I am meant to read. My life on the road by Gloria Steinem a memoir about how travelling and meeting the people she has met has made her the person she has become. A quote, "when people ask me why I still have hope and energy after all these years, I always say: Because I travel. Taking to the road - by which I mean letting the road take you - changed who I thought I was. The road is messy in the way that real life is messy. It leads us out of denial and into reality, out of theory and into practice, out of caution and into action, out of statistics and into stories- in short, out of our heads and into our hearts." Half way threw it already, a recommended read. Tomorrow a day trip to Sheffield. 

No comments:

Post a Comment