Sunday 7 February 2016

Day 20 Hobart to New Norfolk 28.9km

It rained overnight, but I remained dry. Got up at 8. Today I have decided to head to New Norfolk, a short ride to get my legs going again. Misti and Courtney are off to New Zealand first thing tomorrow morning so will spend the day sorting all their stuff out. Decided to do lunch together then head of after that. It has been wonderful to cycle along with them. A difference experience than riding solo but one I have enjoyed. So after lunch and goodbyes off I set. Cycled north on the city cycle path for about 8 km which as always was a joy. Then onto the road, for Tasmanian standards it was pretty flat. Had a head wind most of the way which is never enjoyable but dampened the 29 degree heat a bit. Arrived at the camp site just after 4 and pitched up next to Dawn and Gary a motorcycling couple from South Australia . They invited me to tea which was really kind of them. They even had a little chair for me to sit on. Spent the evening chatting to them and then to bed. Going to try and get on the road earlyish tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment