Tuesday 9 February 2016

Day 22 Mount Field National Park

It was nice to wake up slowly. Had a good breakfast of rolled oats with sultanas, seeds and honey. Hand washed some socks they were dry by the end of the day. Oh woke up to fine ash on my tent. Apparently some of the bushfires are still burning, mostly in remote areas.  I can smell them but the smoke isn't heading this way. Will keep an eye on the Tasmanian firefighters website as they keep the alerts updated. I decided to do the 3 waterfalls walk and the tall trees walk backwards or clockwise and end up at the visitor center. Two reasons, firstly wanted to avoid the crowds and figured most people would go anti clockwise. Secondly I was going to treat myself to a coffee at the end. And a nice surprise by doing it that way was I got to walk down the 294 steps to Lady Baron Falls instead of up them and down a steep climb and steps before Russell Falls as well. Which made me very happy. It was a beautiful walk, I love waterfalls so I was in my element. For the first 40 minutes of the walk I didn't see anyone else which was nice. Took me around two and a half hours and that was stopping a lot to take pictures and enjoy my surroundings. Really enjoyed the coffee at the end too. In the afternoon I went in search of a shop/grocery store, to try and get some vegetables for tea. Unfortunately no luck. I did however feast on blackberries which  were growing by the side of the road. So no vege's for tea, I settled for curried lentils for main followed by vege soup. Oh and some peanuts and banana chips. Into bed early to escape the mossies. Back on the road tomorrow. 








No comments:

Post a Comment