Sunday 21 February 2016

Day 33 Gowrie Park

Up early to get sorted for the hike to the top of Mount Rowland. Made a pack lunch and took two bottles of water. Julie took a snickers bar! We set off at 9am. The first hour and a half was hard going threw a track in the bush and quite steep. Then it flattened out a bit and was more like moorland. Then a clamber up the rocks to the top at 1233 meters. The view was amazing, stopped for lunch a cup of tea would have been nice but hey ho. The walk down was a breeze, Julie was good company and chatted a lot which made the time fly by. We made it back in 6 hours, which was pretty good going. I was pretty tired so had a little nap before heading to the pub in Sheffield for tea with Julie and her friends Michelle and James. They drove there so no exercise required! By this time my feet were beginning to swell. I don't have walking shoes so did the climb in my trainers, which looks like it may have been a painful mistake. Michelle and James gave me a bucket and some bicarb to soak my feet in. Hopefully my feet won't be too bad tomorrow! 



No comments:

Post a Comment