Wednesday 17 February 2016

Day 30 Craddle Mountain to Gowrie Park 38.77km

It was a slow start this morning, was so cold I didn't want to get out of my cosy sleeping bag! On the road at 9.30, first part of the day was undulating with a few short tough climbs thrown in. Then when I reached Moina I turned left and descended from the plateau (800m) down to the river bed at sea level. A windy decent over 6 km, needless to say before I started I checked my brakes and readjusted them. It was nice to sit and relax a little, but I also knew that after I had crossed the river there would be a 2.5km climb up to Cethania (400m) I did it, slow and steady. It was getting warmer as well, nice to be in the sunshine again. Then at the top a nice decent into Gowrie Park where I arrived at lunch time. Nice view of Mount Roland (1233m) from my tent. Had tea nice and early, and just relaxed in the evening. 




No comments:

Post a Comment