Monday 8 February 2016

Day 21 New Norfolk to Mount Field National Park 39.36km

Up early, Dawn and Gary had some hot water for me to make coffee which was nice. Packed up and ready to set off at 9. Going to be hot again today so made sure all my water bottles were full. I am now following the route in the Lonely Planet cycle Australia book again. Showed the gradient to be flat, but as usual it was Tasmanian flat. Which I am beginning to find amusing rather than annoying. I am finding it easier to get up the hills. I was thinking today whether I prefer a long windy hill, where I can't see the end or one which is long and I can see the end in the distance. I think I prefer the former, rather not know what's ahead. Similar to not liking the long straight roads in Queensland. Anyway today I cycled threw growing country, Cherries, Hops, Apples and Raspberries. Tasmania does grow a lot of Australia's fruit and vegetables. At the half way mark I stopped and treated myself to a cup of tea and a kitkat. Did fancy a coffee but not really a good idea in the heat. Arrived at the National park at lunch time. Camping in the national park camp site by a little river. $10 a night, found a good spot and proceeded to sort all my stuff out organise it a bit better. Will be staying here for 2 nights as there is plenty to see here, I am most interested in the waterfalls. In the evening I walked up to Russell Falls which only took 30 minutes. Looking forward to seeing all three tomorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment