Monday 23 November 2015

Day 75 Leongatha to San Remo (Phillip Island)

All packed up and on the road by 7.30 Was a cold and windy start, so long sleeves and a buff around my neck. The road to Wonthaggi was undulating but I guess the gradient was ok. Sometimes there was no shoulder so had to be super aware of traffic. Got to Wonthaggi at 10.30 and treated myself to a baked potato and coffee. Was a bit early for lunch but I was hungry so went for it. Then I got on the Bass Coast Rail Trail so no need to worry about traffic. It was pretty windy so going was slow. When I reached the end of the trail at Anderson I was covered in flies so did a dance to try and get rid of them. After 64km of cycling I arrived at San Remo on Phillip Island. Thought about going to see the penguin parade but that would be an approximate 50km round trip. So will do it when my sister comes or later in the year. Tomorrow I will get the ferry across to the Mornington peninsula, one day closer to Melbourne! Was thinking a bit about that today and got emotional. It's going to be amazing to get to the goal.



No comments:

Post a Comment