Tuesday 10 November 2015

Day 61 Ulladulla to Batehaven

Slept like a brick! Up and ready to leave at 7.30. Pretty warm and sunny first thing so applied some sunscreen. Going was pretty good for the first hour. But then the undulating road got a bit steeper in its ups. I really am not made for hills more of a on the flat kinda girl. So my next cycle tour is going to be Holland. It's funny I know when a hill is coming, usually when it says overtaking lane ahead and also after a long decent. I had to get off and push my bike sometimes as the shoulder was too thin to be safe. Which gave me a bit of a breather. Got to Batemans Bay at lunch time and sat by the river and ate cheese and crackers. Cycled on about 4km to Batehaven to the campsite where I met Lyn and Peter who invited me for tea and cake. Thirty five years ago they cycled up to Queensland on a tandem with their then 18 month old son in a trailer behind them. Which sounds pretty amazing, they made the front page of the Brisbane daily newspaper. After getting clean popped to the supermarket to get a few things, important things like milo and chocolate. A vege burger for tea and back to the tent all before the rain started. Forecast isn't looking to good for tomorrow, will see if I get to go anywhere in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment