Monday 2 November 2015

Day 54 Coledale to Kiama

Awake at 5.30 didn't really want to get up but did of course. Was lots of rain overnight and a bit chilly in the morning. A bit slow going packing up, by which time it started raining again. Waited for it to stop, in the mean time chatted to several different people about my trip. Met a German couple that were cycling north from Melbourne, when ever there was too much highway cycling they would hop on a train or bus. Which is a pretty good idea. Wayne the guy I met last night gave me a flashing bike light and a Velcro tie which is cool. At 10 when the rain stopped I set off. About 4km down the road stopped to get a sandwich for later and by the time I got out of the shop it was raining again! The problem I have is it looks like it's going to be raining for the next couple of days and I don't like cycling in the rain. So what to do, I am undercover now at a church courtyard in Thirroul waiting for the rain to stop again. It's noon. So we will see if it does. I waited another half hour but no luck so decided to hop on a train to the end of the line see if I could get ahead of the rain. So Kiama is where I arrived. Funny thing was it wasn't raining when I got there but started maybe 10 minutes later! Great, anyway I went to the first camp site and just wasn't impressed at all with the sites so rejected that one and moved on to the next one. The next one wasn't ideal but by now I had had enough. Set up the tent, secured my bike and popped to get some chips. I now need to find a solution to my problem. The next five or so days are going to be raining. I don't really want to stay in one place for 5 days and I don't really want to cycle in the rain. Having a problem getting motivated as well. This is probably the first time on the trip that I haven't been super positive, I blame the weather and my health not being 100%. Maybe I should stop for a day and think about what to do. Any suggestions welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment