Saturday 21 November 2015

Day 71 Bairnsdale to Sale

Had a bit of a restless night. Was woken at 1.30 by what I thought was people outside my tent turned out to be a curious possum! Dunno what it is about me and possums but I have seen loads of them, must be my Australian spirit animal. Then got woken by rain at 3ish. The weather wasn't looking too good for today so had a lie in and decided to head to Sale by train. The train didn't go till midday so took my time making breakfast and packing away. I had met a couple on day 8 of my journey at the free camping at Blue Water just before Townsville from Sale. So sent them an email about my imminent arrival asking if they wanted to meet up. By the time I got to the station I had a missed called so figured it must be Sandra so gave her a call back. Her and her husband Keith kindly invited me to stay so after I arrived was a short ride to their home. The ride on the train was good, my bike went in the luggage compartment at the back of the train. Was chatting with the guards and they upgraded me to 1st class. Which to be honest with you didn't look much different to economy class. But I got to sit right by the luggage compartment. Spent the afternoon chatting about my journey and also their journey back from Queensland. Then popped to the shops and had a good evening chatting and watching tele. To bed late thinking about whether to catch the train all the way back to Melbourne or not. Guess I will make a decision in the next couple of days.



No comments:

Post a Comment