Thursday 5 November 2015

Day 57 Nowra Hills

Slept really well. Had a bit of a chat to my sister about my plans of catching a train to Melbourne. She asked if I might regret that. I guess I probably would. So the plan is to go and see a doctor and try and clear up my breathing issue. It has been lingering and is an issue when I exert myself usually when going up a hill get very breathless and tired. So if I can get something to sort it out I have decided to carry on down the coast. Instead of cutting in and going over the mountains at Jindabyne which will be remote and probably a bit risky by myself. Phone reception not good, have to carry loads of water and wild camp for at least 3 days, oh and loads of hills to ride up! So the plan now would be to circle round the bottom instead. Also of course shouldn't be as cold as going over the mountains. See what happens after my doctors appointment this afternoon. So turns out my lungs are clear just a bit of congestion in my throat. So got some cough medicine and a prescription for antibiotics if it doesn't get better in a couple of days. After my appointment Janette picked me up and took me on a sight seeing trip. Went to Berry and then onto the coast at Gerringong and Gerroa. Then drove up to a look out where you could see the whole area. Was gorgeous, see photos below. Also took her dog Reilly for a bit of a walk, lovely dog.




1 comment:

  1. Yes that lookout is awesome.. Is that the one where there is a cafe at the top..??
    So glad you are enjoying your stay at Janette, Danny, Jaimie and Reily's.. Told you he was a gorgeous dog and really completes their family..
    Glad you are resting as your body needs to chill out for a while..
    Look forward to your next update..
    Mazz x

    ReplyDelete