Monday 2 November 2015

Day 53 Leura to Coledale

It's been lovely to hang out with Sally and Liz in The Blue Mountains, they have been great. The cats were also very entertaining. But it's time to get back on the road. So back into Sydney on the train, and then out to Cronulla on another train. A 3 hour journey that cost $5.81 which is ridiculous, I want to know why it's so cheap and why it can't be that cheap in England! Hot day. Arrived at the ferry at 12.30 but no ferry until 1.30 so had a coffee. Arrived in Bundeena at 2.30 after a pleasant ride on the boat. Decided that I would try and get to Coledale to a campsite by the beach. Only 40km, get my cycling legs back a bit. Stopped  at a garage first to put some more air in my tyres. Then off I set. Up a hill first then rolling up and down with gum trees either side of the road. Cycling in Royal National Park. Then a big decent into a forest and then of course more hills. By this time it was 4.30 I was getting a bit concerned that I wouldn't make it before dark as still had a way to go and the hills seemed to be never ending. Had to walk up lots of them as not feeling too good, still have a cold and feel a bit chesty. Finally came out of the forest to an amazing view of the ocean from the top of a cliff. More descents and a few more hills and I made it to Coledale just after 7. What a relief. By the time I had put the tent up, showered, cooked tea and written this it was 10.30. Not ideal but it's good to be clean, fed and lying down. Tomorrow might have a rest day, try and shake of this cold or more than likely continue on. See how I feel in the morning.




No comments:

Post a Comment