Wednesday 11 November 2015

Day 63 Batehaven to Moruya

Up early checked the weather report. Although not raining forecast said 90% chance of showers so plumped for another rain day. At around 8 after I had breakfast it still hadn't rained so I decided to just go for it. Even if I manage to get 30km down the road it would be progress. So I quickly packed away said goodbye to Lyn and Paul who were also leaving today. As I left the camp kitchen it poured with rain, only a 5 minute shower then I set of. The route to Moruya would be on a coastal road not the highway. Apparently still hilly but not as bad as the highway. Well I managed 9km before it tipped down. Only got a bit wet as was about 100 meters from a bus shelter before the skies opened. Luckily right in front of a bakery! Iam sat here now waiting for it to stop. According to the Bureau of Metreology that should be in an hour or two. Moruya only 30 km away so have plenty of time to get there. The forecast this afternoon and evening is cloudy and dry. Fingers crossed. No let up so hopped on a bus to Broulee which was the end of the line for that bus. Got me 15km closer to Moruya. Now in another bus shelter waiting for the rain to stop. Shouldn't be long now then a 45 minute ride away on pretty flat roads. Stopped raining at two so off I set. What a joy it is to ride on the flat, all the way to Moruya. Only took 45 minutes. When I got into town went to the bike shop to enquire about getting a Rohloff oil change kit. Didn't have any left but could do it for me. Initially arranged to bring it in tomorrow at 9 but as I was chatting outside to the other guy he came out and said he could do it now. So left him to it for an hour. Went to a French bakery and had a cheese and salad baguette and a cup of tea. Very tasty. All sorted on my return then I popped to see a couple I met up at the caravan park at south west rocks. Then over to the campsite, nice spot and had a good banter with the woman at reception which cheered me up no end. The weather has been making me feel a bit down about everything so it was good to have a laugh. Tent up, a little shower of rain. Now Iam in my tent enjoying 12 hours of unlimited wifi, a strong signal too, brilliant. 


No comments:

Post a Comment