Sunday 22 November 2015

Day 74 Sale to Leongatha

Up super early the plan to catch the 6.59 train to Traralgon take a bit of boring road  of the ride. Sandra and Keith got up early as well to see me off. I'ave had a great time with them, they have been super to hang out with and we plan to meet up again before I go back to the UK. Cycled to the station and Sandra saw me off. When I reached Traralgon I tried to find a service station with air I could use to pump up my tyres but they all seemed to be the fixing that doesn't work for me. Ended up using my pump which was hard work. Headed out of traralgon and it started to rain it was pretty cold. Not used to chilly. Also windy and cloudy, not ideal weather and not what was forecast. Today's destination was a free camp at a pub in Boolarra. But when I arrived there it was too exposed and the toilets would be shut from 8pm to 8am so I decided to carry on to what would have been my Tuesday stop. So much for taking it easy! I stopped in Boolarra for a pot of tea and a kitkat then at around 1 started the Boolarra to Mirboo North Rail Trail. Only a 13km trail but very pleasant. The sun even came out for a while. When I got to Mirboo North managed to find a servo (petrol station) that could pump up my tyres. Then the undulating hills began! Got to the camp ground in Leongatha at around 4.30 pretty tired after my first 80km ride in a while. I might make it to Melbourne by the weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment