Saturday 14 November 2015

Day 66 Bemagui to Tathra

Up early, slept really well. Loaded up Steve's ute with all my stuff for a ride into Bermagui. Left there at 8 and a great start a slow climb out of town. Lots of slow rolling hills which I coped pretty well with. Some flat sections which was nice but also a bit of a head wind. There were a couple of really long steepish hills which I managed to get up, to be honest I was pretty impressed with my effort. How well I was breathing by the time I got to the top. I was approximately 29km in and 15km from Tathra when a guy (Vincent) with a kayak on his roof pulled over on the verge in front of me for a chat. Asked if I'd like a lift and I kindly excepted. The hills were starting to tire me out. So we were chatting asked where I was from gave the usual Somerset answer. Said that's cider country and he'd had a guy called Jim stay with him from near Glastonbury. I said I live near there I guess the biggest place would be Cheddar. Vincent reckoned that's where he came from. So we ended meeting his partner and son for coffee. Where things got more bizarre. So back in the UK I go cycling with Liz who's son Jim has been out to Australia a couple of times. We were all chatting about this Jim over coffee and after checking a picture turns out to be Liz's son Jim. Which kinda blew me away, how random is that! So invited me to stay at there place which is awesome, gorgeous location. First though Vincent showed me the sights. Then spent the afternoon hanging out and relaxing. Plan now is to get a ride or bus further down the line as not enjoying the hills. I want to start enjoying it again. Also Iam happy meeting new people too. So just allowing things to happen and open to new experiences.





1 comment:

  1. Wow. ILife is amazing and just shows that there is 6 degrees between separation between us all.and what a spin out for you !!!! Very happy that you are meeting lots of good Aussies to give you some good memories..
    Enjoy each day... Xx

    ReplyDelete