Thursday 5 November 2015

Day 56 Kiama to Nowra Hills

Woke up to rain! Was pretty windy last night and didn't sleep too well. Packed up and moved to the camp kitchen to hang out until I needed to ride to the train station. Got the train at just before 10 and for the first time on a NSW train got to sit down. The bike occupying an unused wheelchair space. Countryside reminded me of home, lush green grass rolling hills, grazing cows and sheep and of course rain. When I arrived at Bomaderry half an hour later I treated myself to a coffee and a doughnut. Then crossed the river into Nowra. Told Janette that I would be there around 2pm so in no hurry. Stopped at the farmers market to get some vegetables and got a spicy lentil pie for lunch. Then it stopped raining! Of I set for Nowra Hills, got there in time, located next to the Navy Base. Welcomed by Janette, her son Jamie and their gorgeous dog Reilly. Spent the afternoon chatting about options and routes. Thinking seriously about just hopping on a train to Melbourne. Or another option cycle to Canberra then follow the train line down so I can hop on a train if I need to. Will think about my options over the next couple of days.

1 comment:

  1. Look at those beautiful Jacaranda trees.. They are my favourite tree and November is a beautiful time of the year to see them in full bloom.. Always particularly picturesque along the river banks..

    ReplyDelete