Wednesday 18 November 2015

Day 69 Tathra to Nowa Nowa

Up super early to say goodbye to Cassy and then sorted everything out and loaded the car as Vincent gave me a lift to Orbost. Was a 3 hour drive and to be honest I don't think I could have cycled it. Very steep hills, lots of them and at times no shoulder so really dangerous. So super happy that I got a lift. It was great to hang out with Vincent and Cassy they have been wonderful. Vincent dropped me at the tourist information in Orbost at around 12.30. Got the information I needed about the rail trail. I was going to just go to a campsite and chill for the rest of the day but figured I had been doing that for a while. So after I had got some vegetables and missed the warmest part of the day I set of on the rail trail to Nowa Nowa. What a joy, no cars, no people, just a cycle path threw the nature. It was wonderful and I loved it. Yes there were a few hills but because it's on an unused rail line the gradient is low so very manageable for me. Lots of shade from the sun and even saw 3 kangaroos. Arrived I at the camp site in Nowa Nowa just before 6. Lovely camp kitchen and a lot a campfire which was cool. Tomorrow I will finish the other half of the trail. 





No comments:

Post a Comment