Sunday 8 November 2015

Day 60 Nowra Hills to Ulladulla

Up relatively early, got all sorted. The sun was shining so that was a good start. It has been very relaxing to stay with Janette, she and Riley have been a great tonic. Also able to give lots of route advice so that helped me make the decision of which way to continue. Thank you, see you Melbourne. 
So feel like I haven't ridden my bike for ages, started with a bit of a hill which was good, lungs/breathing coped well with that, then down hill all the way to the highway. The A1 which circles Australia. Up in Queensland it's called the Bruce Highway down here it's called the Princes Highway. Today I would be on it all the 63km to Ulladulla. The shoulder was mostly quite wide but occasionally non existent! Sometimes disappeared when going up a hill. When I deemed it unsafe to cycle I just got off and pushed my bike and got over as far as possible when a vehicle was coming. The route was up and down all the way, some nice long descents and some long slow climbs. Got into Ulladulla around 2.30 and popped into the tourist information to gets some maps. Like to have a paper map to look at and my last one finished in Kiama. That done continued out of town to a nice camp site. Reasonabley priced at $20. Set up my tent, had a shower and cooked my tea on the stove as no camp kitchen. Legs are a bit tired but I think I did well for my first day of cycling for a while. The forecast for tomorrow is cloudy so going to head past Batemans Bay. Looks like the weather is set to get wet again on Wednesday, fingers crossed I manage to avoid it! 








No comments:

Post a Comment