Wednesday 4 November 2015

Day 55 Kiama - Rain day

After my call for suggestions I was pleased to receive many texts and emails with ideas and encouragement. Which was just what I needed as was feeling pretty disheartened yesterday. Main one was to stop for the day. Which I did. Also spoke to Mazz who I met up in Forster who has arranged for me to stay with a good friend of hers tomorrow. Which will be a train and a short 15km ride away. But will get me out of the elements, will also be able to chat with her friend about other options/routes to get to Melbourne.
Today I got up at 9.30 and just pottered for a while. I needed some food so the lady in the campsite office kindly lent me an umbrella and of I set. Kiama is actually a pretty little town, with a nice coast line. Very rugged in bad weather, I can imagine when the sun is shining it's gorgeous. Got what I needed then walked on the coastal path to look at the blowhole! The power of the ocean is amazing especially when it's rough. Had a tasty pasta tea and a nice chat with an older gentlemen. Then to my tent, which seems to be attracting lots of snails!  Tomorrow onwards, slowly but surely. 




1 comment:

  1. Kiama really is very pretty when it is sunshine..
    Glad you are catching up with my friend at Nowra..xx

    ReplyDelete