Wednesday 30 September 2015

Day 20 Hervey Bay to Coolum Beach

Up early to find my tent covered in Bat poo! The stench of it was terrible! Cleaned it off with wet wipes, but couldn't get rid of the smell! Instead of porridge for breakie had a cheese sandwich. After a cup of coffee Sharon and I went for a walk on the beach. Beautiful sunny morning. On the road by 9ish. Only 220km to drive today. It's going to be weird not hanging out with Sharon we have got on really well. Arrived at Gympie at around 11.30 and I went to the Post Office to sort out my Post Restante letter which proved more complicated than I was lead to believe. Anyway hung around  there until 1 so the kind lady at the PO could get hold of someone in Brisbane to find out a solution! That all sorted we set of for Noosa. So at the moment the kids are on holidays and this coming weekend  is a long weekend so everyone is off on Monday as well. Which means prices in caravan parks are high and they are jam packed! After being quite indecisive I ended up at a camp site in Coolum Beach. Ended up paying $45 which was a shock to the system and that was with a 10% discount! Anyway Sharon helped me set up my tent she had been very patient all day which I appreciated. We said goodbye and are going to stay in touch hopefully go and visit her early next year. While we were setting up a grey cloud came over and now I am sitting in the camp kitchen as its pouring with rain. Hoping it will clean my tent a bit more and maybe wash away a bit of the smell! At the moment I am undecided on whether to continue cycling down or stay here another night. I have to figure out how to get threw Brisbane as I am no longer allowed to cycle on the highway. Saw the big signs saying No Bicycles. So will probably have to take a train threw. Hoping the rain will stop so I can sort my stuff out a bit. But for now will do a bit of research about trains.






No comments:

Post a Comment