Sunday 20 September 2015

Day 10 Rest Day in Townsville.

Here's a sentence I am shocked to hear myself say, "had a lie in until 6.30 this morning." Cycled to the strand (beach front) at lunch time. Did a bit of people watching another hot day but very breezy. Had the luxury of a tail wind on the way back. Also popped into the Botanical Gardens which was pretty. The ride from Cairns to Townsville according to my bike computer was 389km or 243 miles. Wow I am pretty proud of myself. Today I have been thinking about the approximate half way point, Brisbane which is around 1450km away. I think if I average 70km a day that would be 21 days of cycling. Obviously have some rest days in there as well. I also looked at the second half from Brisbane to Melbourne. Looks like I will be cycling threw Summer Bay OMG how exciting! I use to watch Home and Away everyday after school back in the day. Of course it's not called that but Palm Beach just North of Sydney. Will have to catch a ferry to get there so that's pretty cool. Iam feeling positive. Right going to sort all my stuff out and get some cable ties on my helmet.



1 comment:

  1. Lovely to have you as our first "warm shower" guest. We will be following your blog to Melbourne. Stay safe and have fun. Rosanne and Peter Coumbis

    ReplyDelete