Wednesday 23 September 2015

Day 13 Guthalungra to Bowen

Up super early. Pretty noisy free camp by the road. Trains, traffic and several cockerels! So got up at 5.15. Packed up was making my porridge when Irma came out of her van with a coffee for me. Bit of a chat. Graham made porridge for himself and Irma and we all sat and had breakfast together. It was nice, a bit chilly this morning. They kindly filled up my water bottles as no drinking water at this site. I was extremely grateful, thank you. Exchanged emails and off we all set. Pretty uneventful ride to Bowen was there by lunch time. Although there were stages I was going 27km/h on the flat the wind must have been behind me or something. Mind you there were times when I was going into the wind and only going 12. Thems the breaks. Cycled 55.5km in total after getting to the camp site. Treated myself to subway. Bowen is a funny place it's small but spread out over 6 or 7 km. Back in 2007 Baz Luhrmann filmed the movie Australia here. Built the whole set to look like it was in Darwin. Just relaxed in the afternoon. Cycled by the beach and cooked noodles for tea.




No comments:

Post a Comment