Monday 21 September 2015

Day 11 Townsville to Ayr

Up and ready to leave just before 8. Before I left took some pictures with Rosanne to show off my new pimped up helmet. Weather was warm with sunny intervals which would help as aiming to get to Ayr today. Peter had told me the shoulder was small with lots of roadkill. It's very dry here at the moment so at night all the animals come down to the road looking for food. Unfortunately they aren't going to win a fight with a vehicle. So big focus needed as if there was road kill blocking the shoulder would have to pull out into the road, not without looking in my mirror first though. I found it really tough today everything seemed to be hurting, my hands, my feet, my bum . I think 86.5km was just a bit to far for me, but I managed it by stopping often and for short periods. I actually cycled for 5 hours and got to the camp site just after 3. Did also have the dreaded head wind. Two magpies attempted to attach me. The first gave up after one attempt the second gave it 3 tries before giving up! So my pimped up helmet works really well. Thank you Rosanne and Peter.




No comments:

Post a Comment