Monday 28 September 2015

Day 18 Carmila to Boyne River Rest Area.

Up at the same time as usual even though won't be riding today. Just finished eating breakfast and Sharon popped over and suggested I could leave all my stuff with her to pack into the van when it had finished being repaired and I could start riding. She'd pick me up on the way so I could get a bit of a ride in. I liked the idea but decided to make the 13 km round trip to the beach instead. Which turned out to be really pleasant, except for one magpie swoop! Set of for the free camping just the other side of Gladstone at just before 10am. Man it's true there is absolutely nothing to see on this road. The occasional service station. Then Rockhampton a big town with killer road works going out the other side. Just imagined cycling it and so happy that I won't have to. The time seemed to fly by chatting with Sharon she is funny and to the point which I like. Talked about loads of things, it was good to spend a prolonged period of time with someone. About half an hour out of Rocky the clouds opened and it absolutely tipped down, and stopped about 15 minutes later. Then again it rained just as we were getting close to Gladstone, an industrial coal town. In fact it was so heavy Sharon pulled into a lay-by cause you couldn't see a meter ahead. Popped to get some supplies in the supermarket and on to the free camping. Arrived just before 3, 356km covered. First thing a cup of tea, then cooked dinner I had another quinoa concoction and Sharon had spag bog. A cup of milo and off to bed. Oh almost forgot it rained a bit at the free camping and afterwards a double rainbow appeared it was really strong and I got really excited, thought it was awesome! A great day. 😀












No comments:

Post a Comment