Tuesday 22 September 2015

Day 12 Ayr to Guthalungra

Up in good time and on the road by 7.45.  Another hot day but a bit cloudy in the afternoon. Tan is coming along slowly still applying loads of factor 50. Cycled for just over an hour and then stopped at the inkerman service station. Bought a salad sandwich and took the offer of a free tea. Was bushels not builders tea by any means. Weak but hey it was free so there you go. About an hour later stopped for lunch at a truck rest stop with tables. Leant my bike on a tree and enjoyed a refined white bread sandwich! Applied more sunscreen all set to go and bugger my first puncture! Funny thing was I wasn't that bothered. Just got on with it. The plus side was it happened while I was near shade with plenty of room to sort it out. Think it may have been different if it had happened on a thin shoulder with no room to manoeuvre. Then I would have had to push it somewhere. Oh and it was the back one! A little more fiddley but hey there you go. That lesson Les gave me in Cairns turned out to be a great help had it all changed in about 15 minute. Didn't repair it just put in a new inner tube. Sorted and off I set, kept checking it as was a bit paranoid that it would go down again but all is a ok. Arrived at the free camping at 2 ish. Chatted to Irma and Graham some Nomads on their way home. Set up my tent. Went over to the servo and paid $3 to have a shower. Then Irma made me a cup of coffee. I made noodles and peas for tea. Ready for bed at 7pm. 68km covered today only a short ride to Bowen next stop. Oh attempted magpie attacks 3. One tried to swoop in from the front so put my head down. The other two were a bit more persistent attempted several times but couldn't get near. Thank goodness for my helmet.





No comments:

Post a Comment