Friday 25 March 2016

Day 9 Great Western to Ararat. Train to Melbourne

On the road just before 9. Only a short ride to Ararat today to catch the train back to Melbourne. The main highway was a bit busy with trucks pulling trailers and caravans etc. Took the opportunity to ride the first 7km on a gravel road with no traffic. Then onto the busy road. Had a chance to look around town before catching the train for a 2 hour ride into town. On arrival a lovely 5km ride along the Yarra river back to South Yarra. 
Yesterday I began thinking about whether there was anywhere else I wanted to ride. After enjoying some of the rail trails in Gippsland Victoria I had a look on their website. I have decided that I want to do The Great Victorian Rail Trail in North Victoria. Which runs from Tallorook to Mansfield 134km and reachable via a short train ride. So will be doing that next week after the Easter break. A ride with no motor traffic. 


No comments:

Post a Comment