Thursday 17 March 2016

Day 3 Penshurst- Rain day!

Pretty wild night, thunder, lightening, wind and rain. Which continued into the morning, well the wind and rain. Then heavy showers and strong winds throughout the day. So I stayed put, and the temperature dropped to 11c, what a difference from yesterday! Just after I finished my late breakfast the lady across the street from where I am camping came over and invited me in for a cup of tea. So popped over to Myrtle's for tea and a chat. Which was nice, also gave me some home grown cherry tomatoes which were delicious. Then I took a look around town. Have some lovely old buildings and a few shops. Was just about to head back to my tent when it absolutely chucked down with rain and a gail swept threw the Main Street. I was in the grocery store and the gentleman kindly offered me a chair while I waited for it to pass. Had a good chat with him. Spent the adternoon reading then got up and walked around the small botanical gardens. Then back in my warm sleeping bag, beanie firmly planted on my head. Brrrrr.


No comments:

Post a Comment