Tuesday 15 March 2016

Day 1 Warrnambool to Hawkesdale

On the road to The Grampians! Said goodbye to Sharon who I had been hanging out with since I finished my Great Ocean Road ride. Now slowly heading towards The Grampians National Park. Hot and a bit windy today. Was tough going as I have done something to my left knee, pretty sore. Hopefully it will sort itself out otherwise I am not going to get very far! Most of today's ride was threw farming land, lots of straight roads and slow long hills. Not too bad. Oh and lots of flys and locusts. I think they were locusts! Stopped at a Lake for lunch and a bit of a rest. Got into Hawkesdale at 1.30, was around 29c by then and very humid. Had a choice of 2 free camps, so stopped at the one on the road for a couple of hours to cool down. Decided it was too hot to carry on to the next campsite 25km down the road today. So after resting at the BBQ area I headed to the other free camping at the golf club. Pitched my tent by the side of the clubhouse, it's a small golf course only has 5 holes. No showers here but do have nice clean toilets. Not a good mobile reception only one bar so that limited my internet time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment