Wednesday 23 March 2016

Day 8 Great Western

Woke early and said goodbye to the two couples I met yesterday. One couple heading home the other further north. Decided to stay here an extra day instead of heading to Ararat and spending the night there. Will head there tomorrow. I have never toured a winery so since it's right next to where i am camping thought  I would take up the opportunity. Jane was our guide, me and a couple from South Australia. Went down into the cellars which was fascinating. Unfortunately this winery has been bought by a conglomerate so is closing down in June. The vineyard will remain but not the processing side of things. That will all be moved to South Australia. Shame. Anyway after the tour, got to try some of the wines. Well most of them I think. I liked the Chardonnay and the Pinot Grigio also the younger sparkling white. Needless to say I was a bit jolly by the time I left!




No comments:

Post a Comment