Sunday 20 March 2016

Day 5 Dunkeld to Halls Gap

Was a chilly night, slept with my hat on! Got up just before 8 and slowly packed everything away. Chatted with my new friends and then we all headed in our own directions.  They were doing walking trips in the grampians, me cycling. Was a cold start so had my layers on which I soon discarded as I cycled up a big hill to mount abrupt! Great name for a mountain. Knew it was going to be a long day as google maps said it would take 3.5 hours to cycle the 64km to Halls Gap. (I did it in 3 hrs 50 mins) It was hilly but not too bad, the worst bit was in the beginning with that out of the way it was a pleasant ride. Great scenery and by 11 the sun came out. Stopped at the lake 8km from HG. Then stumbled across a bike path that went all the way into town. It's always good to get off the road. Saw a big group of emu's and some kangaroos and lots of different birds. Set up camp and made a delicious tea of vegetables, cous cous and chick peas. Then early to bed to wrap up for another cold night. 








No comments:

Post a Comment