Thursday 17 March 2016

Day 2 Hawkesdale to Penshurst

Slept pretty well considering it was a hot night. Was joined at the free camp by a French couple which was good as it was out in the sticks a bit. Packed up my stuff and headed back to the other free camp to cook breakfast at the picnic benches. On the way there I met Elie a French cycle tourist, who had cycled all the way from France a total of 33,000 km wow! I have so much respect for people who can do that. He was a bit frustrated about wearing a helmet. He had bought one when he arrived in Australia. Didn't wear it until he got stopped by the police. The first time he talked his way out of it. But the very next day, 100km down the road the very same policeman stopped him again. Which resulted in a $180 fine! It can get really hot in a helmet especially if you have think hair! I did a few stretches before I set off this morning, in the hope of sorting my knee out. Still sore but not as bad as yesterday. Today for me was really tough the temperature hit 28c by 11 and by 1 it peaked at 31c. Plus a 40kmph northerly wind, unfortunately a head wind. Going was slow, you know it's windy when you have to peddle going down hill! So there was no way I was going to make it to Dunkeld, it was a relief to get to the camp ground in Penshurst. Had a free washing machine so took the opportunity to use that, luckily that dried just before we had a rain shower. Super! Forecast rain overnight and tomorrow the temperature will drop to 14. 



No comments:

Post a Comment