Monday 7 March 2016

Day 8 Port Campbell to Warrnambool 64km

Took a while to get on the road this morning a couple of guys from Germany were interested in my journey and my bicycle. So hung round chatted about the set up and how they wanted to tour in Europe. Was also chatting with Lexa, so it was after ten before I got going. Lexa gave me a cheese sandwich and some left over pasta to fuel me on my way to Warrnambool. It was a hot day today, it got up to 31c. Started off with a steady climb out of Port Campbell which turned out to be easier than I anticipated, Just after Peterborough got my last look at the formations in the sea on the great ocean road. The bay of islands, it really has been beautiful. The road headed inland to dairy cow country. Very flat and I think the roads were built by the Romans, they were straight and long, and it was getting hotter. Passed two cycle tourists heading in the opposite direction, just about to start their adventure on the great ocean road. I think they will love it, it's a great ride. Just before 4 I arrived in Warrnambool and was met by Sharon. Who saved me from the boring stretch of road up in Queensland. Was great to see her again and be welcomed into her home. That was it The Great Ocean Road ride completed, it felt good to complete it without taking any lifts or hopping on any buses. My legs are stronger for it. Total distance cycled 284.36km, 3 other cycle tourists seen. I would highly recommend cycling the great ocean road it's stunning. 




No comments:

Post a Comment