Wednesday 2 March 2016

Day 3 Lorne to Apollo Bay 48.5km

Set of late again but I guess I am in no hurry. I am in two minds about when the best time to travel is. First thing in the morning when there is less tourist traffic or a bit later when there is less school/ work traffic. The road conditions have been good so far, the majority of the time the shoulder has been pretty wide and the vehicles very considerate, there is of course the occasional one or two that get a bit close for comfort. The ride today hugged the coast and in places cut into the rocks, it was beautiful and one of the most enjoyable rides I have had in Australia. I kept pulling over in the laybys to look at the view and the road I had just ridden, gorgeous. Chatted to a few people along the way. Arrived in Apollo Bay just after lunch and got some fresh vegetables for tea. Then headed out of town about 2 km to the caravan park. Lovely spot on the other side of the bay. After tea went for a walk on the beach. Beautiful. 





No comments:

Post a Comment