Tuesday 22 March 2016

Day 7 Halls Gap to Great Western

Leisurely start to the day, had to pack my tent away wet but it will dry fast enough later when I pitch it again. Enjoyed a 3km ride on the cycle path out of town. Had a choice of a 22km direct route to Stawell or a 36km scenic route with a 7km side trip to see some aboriginal art. I opted for the later. Another sunny day with clear blue skies and hardly any wind. Made great progress and had some lovely views of the grampians. Once I turned off at Pomonal and headed towards Stawell the traffic was minimal which was great. Just 8km shy of Stawell I turned right and headed towards Bunjil Caves to see the Aboriginal Art. It was behind a cage to protect it as some people just can't resist destroying things. Arrived in Stawell and headed to the supermarket to stock up. First big store since Warrnambool. Then headed to the park to sit down for lunch . Decided to carry on cycling an extra 10km to Great Western to a camp at the recreation reserve, a bargain at $5 a night with shower and toilets. Right behind a winery! 2 caravans there, had a chat with George and Claire, George made me a lovely whiskey and dry with ice cubes! Very refreshing! Then Lorraine and Brian invited me for tea and a few drinks! Now tucked up in my sleeping bag. Had a lovely night. It's a full moon and the stars are really bright. 






No comments:

Post a Comment