Sunday 31 January 2016

Day 12 Maria Island

Woke up to rain again. Thought I had escaped getting wet but I seem to be having issues with my tent. It's beginning to wear me down and frustrate me. Misti came up with a solution to water proof the bottom of my fly sheet. Hoping it will work. Today the forecast was for thunderstorms and heavy rain in the afternoon and evening. Spent most of the day in the mess hall. Met a couple who were from Nailsea (about 20 miles from where I live in the UK) they have been cycle touring for 9 months have 3 months to go and will head to New Zealand after Tassie. At around 5 the weather cleared up so headed to the painted rocks with M&C, the sun actually came out for a while which was great. The rocks were great too. Thankfully the thunderstorm didn't happen, sometimes it's nice when the forecast is wrong. Lots of pictures today, thanks to Courtney and Misti for some of them. 







No comments:

Post a Comment