Saturday 23 January 2016

Day 5 Fingal to St. Marys 21.32km

Had a lie in this morning as I decided to only ride 21km to the next free camping in St Mary's. So no hurry to get going. Chatted with Courtney and Misti over breakfast about their mega day yesterday. They got to the free camping at sunset after a long day of cycling. They decided to go on the back road which was sealed most of the way then turned into a private road. They said they had never seen so much road kill. Then they passed the people whose road they were cycling on who refilled their water bottles and had no issues about them using the road. They did get offered a lift but decided to carry on going to see if they could do it. Very impressed, they ended up cycling over a hundred kilometres. By the time I was all packed away and ready to go so were they. So I ended up tagging along with them. Which I really enjoyed, was good to be on the road with other cyclist. It was a pretty easy ride relatively flat and got there in about an hour and a half of cycling. Stocked up with some food at the supermarket and then headed to the free camping. All set up by 2 pm chatted for most of the afternoon. Shower, tea and in bed by 9. Lovely. 



1 comment:

  1. Ignore my question up further I was reading the blog backwards then decided I should start from the beginning!

    ReplyDelete