Thursday 21 January 2016

Day 2 - Deloraine

Woke up slowly as today I decided to hang out here, get a bit more organised. Plus one of my brothers friend had told me it's a great place with a good vibe and that I should check out. Got up to 27c today, so just before lunch I headed into town. First stop was at the Picture Framing shop where I popped it to see if they needed anyone. Alas no but had a nice chat with the chap. That meandered threw town checking out the art galleries and craft shops. Stocked up on food got some nuts and my favourite riding snack of banana chips. Spent the afternoon reading my cycle Australia book. At around 3 the wind picked up and the smoke from the bushfire blanketed the sky. The fire is south west of here. Later while I was in the camp kitchen talking about routes with Courtney and Misti little bits of ash were falling. You can also smell that fire smell. Got a link from Courtney so I can track the fires, which makes me feel better. Tomorrow I head to Launceston. Hopefully the air will have cleared as I don't fair well in smokey environments. 


1 comment:

  1. Good to see you made it there. Such a shame about the fires. Cheers Caffa xx

    ReplyDelete